Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Miss Japanese Food

So I went for some...


Salmon with Fish Roe 


Baby Octopus!! *Nicki: thanks! I termixed


Salmon Sashimi - melts in your mouth. This is so different from the usual buffet sashimi. Duh! Still, nothing compares so japanese sashimi. The usual servings in their buffet is the same as our KL's ala cart's quality... I can't imagine the superb ala cart version in Japan will taste like..!!


These nice looking sushi dishes are.... already in my tummy. 
If you wanna have some, you can head over to Mid Valley Garden... Sushi Zanmai. 

It's slightly more expensive compared to sushi king, but once it entered your mouth, you'll understand why it's actually worthwhile. 

There're a lot of other blogs that have given really good reviews on this restaurant, so I won't give it any more free ads!!

Let's talk about Salmon....
I had the opportunity to visit one of the smaller Salmon breeding farm during my trip to Japan and my tour guide was explaining to us why Japanese salmons taste different compared to Malaysia's.

Well....
It's not that they are of lower quality or not as fresh... but simply because...
They are NOT from Japan.
Malaysia import Salmons from Western countries!!! 
And all the while I thought we are eating salmon from Japan... *kena cheated*


Poor Salmon... literally live to be eaten ... 


"Mummy, I'm going to be a Sashimi when I grow up!"

*MUAHAHA... you never had the chance to grow up* 

1 comment:

Nicki said...

that's not unagi is it??